If you love low carb comfort foods or sneaking in veggies for your kids, this cheesy baked broccoli cauliflower tots recipe is for you. A fun twist on classic tater tots that even kids will enjoy! They’re soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, and easy to make!
These kid-friendly cauliflower tots are a great way to get your picky-kids to eat more vegetables! They make a great side dish and are easy to make.
WHAT IS Broccoli CAULIFLOWER TOTS?
Broccoli Cauliflower tots are simply tater tots made with broccoli and cauliflower instead of potatoes. To replace the potatoes, these tots use broccoli and cauliflower rice instead.
These tots are the perfect little healthy snack that will please even the most picky eaters.
INGREDIENTS FOR MAKING TOTS:
You’ll just need six basic ingredients to make these super easy, low carb tots:
- Riced Broccoli cauliflower: I’m using fullgreen riced broccoli and cauliflower bag. But you can also prepare your own riced veggie mixture
- Egg: to help bind the tots together.
- Shredded parmesan & cheddar cheese: a great way to add delicious, cheesy flavor and a boost of protein to these healthy tots.
- Breadcrumbs: a bit of breadcrumbs binds these tots together.
- Garlic: to add flavor to the tots.
- Salt & pepper: for the perfect amount of seasoning.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY BAKED BROCCOLI CAULIFLOWER TOTS:
Preheat your oven: To 425 F degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Microwave the riced broccoli cauliflower: Microwave the riced broccoli and cauliflower as per the instruction on the package. Drain the excess water by squeeze the riced mixture in a cheese cloth.
Combine the tots: Transfer riced mixture to a large bowl with egg, cheddar, Parmesan, Panko, garlic powder and green onions and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bake the tots: Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture and roll it into a tater-tot shape with your hands. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tots are golden. I usually place them under the broiler for a couple minutes to get that nice golden color.
Finish the dish: Serve with pizza sauce, sour cream, ketchup or ranch dip.
CAN YOU MAKE CAULIFLOWER TOTS AHEAD?
Yes, you can. The best way is to pre-make them but only fry right before serving.
However, if you have leftovers, you can definitely refrigerate them and reheat later. They will just be softer and less crispy, but still good!
CHEESY BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER TOTS RECIPE:
1 packet fullgreen riced broccoli & cauliflower
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c shredded cheddar
1/2 c Parmesan, freshly grated
1/3 c panko breadcrumbs, freshly chopped
1 tbsp green onions
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave the riced broccoli and cauliflower as per the instruction on the package. Drain the excess water by squeeze the riced mixture in a cheese cloth.
- Transfer riced mixture to a large bowl with egg, cheddar, Parmesan, Panko, garlic powder and green onions and mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture and roll it into a tater-tot shape with your hands. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 30 to 25 minutes, until tots are golden.
- Serve warm cauliflower tots with spicy ketchup.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara