Can you believe this Mango Pickle is ready in under 10 minutes? Yes, this Mango Pickle is a quick, instant and delicious tongue-tickling recipe! You can make this pickle with very few ingredients and best part is you can enjoy it immediately!
It has a melange of flavors that will burst in your mouth. And you will definitely ask for more. It is a must-have item on Onam Sadya.
WHAT IS PICKLE/ACHAR?
A South Asian pickle, known as achar, aachar or achaar, is a pickled food, native to the Indian subcontinent, made from a variety of vegetables and fruits, preserved in brine, vinegar, or edible oils along with various Indian spices.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
You will need:
- Raw mangoes
- Fenugreek powder
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Sesame Oil
- Mustard seeds
- Curry Leaves
- Dry Red Chilli
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT MANGO PICKLE?
Wash and dry the mangoes.Chop them into small pieces with skin on.
In a clean and dry bowl, add the chopped mangoes,turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and fenugreek powder and mix well.
Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once it splutter add hing, ginger, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
Now add the mangoes and mix well.
Turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Then transfer to clean bowl and enjoy!
HOW TO SERVE?
This mango pickle tastes best
- with khichdi or curd rice, dal-rice
- with roti, paratha or thepla
- along with your meal or in sadhya
HOW TO STORE?
Store the pickle into the clean, dry glass jar or container in refrigerator for 4-5 days. Always use dry spoon and store it in airtight container. Use more oil if you are planning to keep it for couple of days.
KERALA STYLE INSTANT MANGO PICKLE RECIPE:
500 gms raw mangoes, chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fenugreek powder
1/4 cup sesame oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp hing
1 tbsp ginger, grated
10-15 curry leaves
2 dry red chilli
- Wash and dry the mangoes.Chop them into small pieces with skin on.
- In a clean and dry bowl, add the chopped mangoes,turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and once it splutter add hing, ginger, dry red chilli and curry leaves.
- Now add the mangoes and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and allow it to cool. Then transfer to clean bowl and enjoy!
- Use unripe mango for making this pickle. Do not peel the mangoes, as peeled mangoes will go soggy very fast.
- Sesame oil is best for making pickles but you can use flavorless oil. Add excess oil if preserving for a longer time.
- Make sure the mixing bowl is dried and do not have any moisture.
- When it comes to pickle, the spice and salt measure always depends upon the sourness of the mango. Adjust the quantity of spice powders as per taste.
- You can skip ginger while tempering if you don’t like it.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator to retain freshness. Always use a clean, dry spoon to take the pickle.