This homemade honey mustard sauce is so easy to prepare and tastes better than anything you’ll buy at the store! You’ll just need few ingredients and a couple of minutes to whisk it together. Delicious and simple, smooth and creamy dipping sauce that also serves as a salad dressing!
Honey Mustard Sauce is creamy, sweet and full of flavor with a bit of zing! It is perfect as a dip for your favorite finger food or as a dressing for salads!
WHAT IS HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE?
Honey mustard sauce is the most incredible sweet, tangy, and creamy sauce made from simple ingredients like honey, mustard, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and a couple spices. It takes only a few minutes to make and can be used several ways.
Honey Mustard Sauce is a classic. Both honey and mustard have long been used in the culinary world as separate ingredients. But together, they taste even better!
HOW TO SERVE:
This sauce is so good, I dip anything and everything in it! The best part is that it’s ready in about 2 minutes.
This week I used it as a dip for my Homemade Baked Chicken Nuggets, but it also works great as:
- a dip for fresh vegetables
- a spread for wraps and sandwiches
- dressing for chicken salad or green salads
- a glaze or sauce for grilled or roasted meats
HOW TO STORE:
Store in a container with a tight fitting lid for about 2 weeks. This recipe does not freeze well.
It is easy to prepare anyway. Whenever you need it, simply whip another batch.
MORE HOMEMADE DIPS,
HOMEMADE HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE RECIPE:
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 1/2 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp light mayonnaise
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stir well to combine.
- Taste and add more honey, if you prefer a sweeter dressing.
- Cover and store refrigerator until ready to serve for up to 1 week.
- Double or triple this recipe for a larger batch.
- Also, for a healthier spin, I have used Cholesterol-Free and Egg-Free Spread in place of the mayonnaise.
- If you want to make it as a salad dressing, you may want to thin it out by adding more lemon juice or vinegar or oil. Or, you can also replace the mayonnaise with yogurt.
- You can leave out the yellow mustard and replace it entirely with Dijon if you prefer its flavor.
- Add a dash of hot sauce to make it hotter. At the same time, you can add the paprika. In short, you can simply adjust the spices according to your preference.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara