A family friendly pizza that everyone will love made with Indian flavors, basically an indian twist to the italian pizza base with paneer and veggies marinated in tikka masala.
Is it looks long process? But trust me this desi style pizza is very easy to prepare and taste so delicious.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
This pizza dough requies a basic ingredients:
- Basic pizza dough – You can use store bought or make your own basic pizza dough
- Pizza sauce – You can store bought but I really think it’s worth it to make your own homemade pizza sauce.
- Paneer – You can use store bought or make your own homemade paneer
- Veggies – I have used capsicum, onion and tomatoes.
- Tikka Masala – Melange of red chilli powder, turmeric, cumin, coriander and garam masala.
- Salt – To flavor the marinated veggies and paneer
- Yogurt – add flavor to the marinated veggies and also helps in binding the masala with veggies and paneer.
HOW TO MAKE?
Making pizza dough is really simple,
- Marinate the paneer and veggies: In a bowl add the tikka masala, salt, yogurt, paneer and veggies. Mix well and allow to marinate for 30 mins.
- Make your dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. Grease baking pans and stretch the dough to fit into pan and dock it.
- Add your sauce: Using a small ladle, spread pizza sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Add toppings: Add the marinated paneer and veggies, sprinkle your cheeses on top.
- Bake: Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted and gooey.
TIPS FOR PERFECT PIZZA:
Here are the few tips that I follow:
- Use fresh yeast for the dough. You know the yeast is still good if it foams. If not, toss it and get a new batch.
- The dough needs to rise until it doubles in size. I like to place the bowl of dough in the oven with lights on to aid in the rising time.
- Don’t go crazy on the toppings. But the best pizza actually have fewer toppings.
- Bake your pizzas as hot as your oven will go.
- Use a good, heavy, baking stone or steel. They hold tons of heat energy, releasing it quickly into a pizza as it bakes, giving it a crispier crust.
- Don’t forget to brush the dough with olive oil before adding the toppings, which prevents the crust from tasting soggy.
HOW TO STORE THE DOUGH?
You can make this pizza dough ahead of time. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. This will ensure the dough keeps for up to 2 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze this dough nicely! Wrap the dough in individual balls with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat just allow it to thaw at room temperature.
HOW TO STORE THE BAKED PIZZA?
Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat the frozen pizza, warm the slices in a 350F oven for 15 or so minutes.
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES,
HOMEMADE PANEER TIKKA PIZZA RECIPE:
1/2 recipe homemade pizza dough
1/2 cup pizza sauce or remaining tikka masala
1/2 cup paneer, cubed
1/4 cup onion, cubed
1/4 cup tomato, cubed
1/4 cup capsicum, cubed
4 tbsp thick yogurt or hung curd
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp red chili powder, or adjust to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a mixing bowl, add cubed paneer and veggies, yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, all spices and salt. Mix well and allow to marinate for 30- 60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare dough according to recipe directions. Grease baking pans and stretch the dough to fit into pan and poke it.
- Using a small ladle, spread pizza sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Spread the marinated paneer mixture all over the pizza base.
- Top it with shredded mozzarella cheese or any other cheese of your choice.
- Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted and gooey.
- Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara