Oven baked Pesto Chicken is JUST as good, tender and juicy which is smothered in a creamy, homemade cilantro walnut pesto with an incredible flavour!
Of course you can use store bought pesto but however nothing beats the flavour in fresh, homemade pesto.
WHAT IS PESTO?
Pesto originated in Liguria, Italy, where pesto is made in a mortar and pestle. (In fact, “pestâ” means “to pound.”) I don’t have the patience to crush basil by hand, one handful at a time. So, I recommend using your food processor.
Pesto is one of my favorite condiments to keep on hand. Try these easy, fun pesto recipe variations to brighten pasta, salads, roasted veggies & more!
It’s easy to make in the blender or food processor with just few ingredients, and always tastes so fresh and delicious.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO WALNUT PESTO?
With a food processor or blender, it comes together in just a few steps:
Pulse the walnuts, lemon juice, and garlic in the food processor until they’re finely chopped. Add the cilantro, salt, parmesan and pepper and pulse again. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
This pizza requries a simple ingredients:
- Chicken – Here i have used drumsticks but you can feel free to use Chicken breasts or thighs also in this recipe.
- Pesto – You can use store bought or make your own pesto.
- Salt and Pepper – Already Pesto will have salt but adjust as per your taste.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO PESTO CHICKEN?
Clean and wash the chicken drumsticks with salt and turmeric. Rinse thoroughly. Make slits all over the chicken drumsticks,so that the flavor can be incorporated well.
Add the pesto, salt and pepper, mix well until the chicken are coated well.
Cover and allow to marinate 6 hours to overnight. In case of making it quick, marinate atleast for 30-60 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450 F and line the baking tray with aluminium foil. Place the marinated chicken in the baking tray and bake for 30 – 40 mins and flip at halfway through.
Serve with some green chutney or sauteed veggies!
You might also like,
CILANTRO PESTO CHICKEN RECIPE:
1 kg chicken drumsticks
1 cup cilantro pesto
1 tsp pepper
salt to taste
- Clean and wash the chicken drumsticks with salt and turmeric. Rinse thoroughly.
- Make slits all over the chicken drumsticks,so that the flavor can be incorporated well.
- Add the pesto, salt and pepper, mix well until the chicken are coated well.
- Cover and allow to marinate 6 hours to overnight. In case of making it quick, marinate at least for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F and line the baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the marinated chicken in the baking tray and bake for 30 – 40 mins and flip at halfway through.
- Serve with some green chutney or sauteed veggies!
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara