The absolute perfect weeknight meal that comes together in minutes! Homemade pizza is the BEST!
This Extra Cheese Pizza is an easy recipe with the sauce is extra tomato-y, the cheese is extra cheesy, and the crust is perfectly chewy. Quick, easy, and better than calling for pizza delivery.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
This pizza requries a simple ingredients:
- Basic pizza dough – You can use store bought or make your own basic pizza dough
- Pizza sauce – You can store bought but I really think it’s worth it to make your own homemade pizza sauce.
- Cheese – I love using a combination of mozzarella and Monterey jack to make this pizza special.
- Seasonings: Used italian seasonings and red chilli flakes for extra flavor and hot.
HOW TO MAKE?
Making Pizza follows really simple steps,
Make your dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough. Grease baking pans and stretch the dough to fit into pan and dock it.
Add your sauce: Using a small ladle, spread pizza sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Add cheese: Don’t forget those cheeses! Then go ahead and sprinkle your cheeses on top.
Bake: Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted and gooey.
TIPS FOR PERFECT PIZZA:
Here are the few tips that I follow:
- Use fresh yeast for the dough. You know the yeast is still good if it foams. If not, toss it and get a new batch.
- The dough needs to rise until it doubles in size. I like to place the bowl of dough in the oven with lights on to aid in the rising time.
- Bake your pizzas as hot as your oven will go.
- Use a good, heavy, baking stone or steel. They hold tons of heat energy, releasing it quickly into a pizza as it bakes, giving it a crispier crust.
WHAT CHEESE IS BEST FOR PIZZA?
When choosing cheeses for your homemade pizza, you want to look for ones that have a lower moisture content and that melt nicely. This cheese pizza recipe uses fresh mozzarella and Monterey jack.
HOW TO STORE THE DOUGH?
You can make this pizza dough ahead of time. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. This will ensure the dough keeps for up to 2 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze this dough nicely! Wrap the dough in individual balls with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat just allow it to thaw at room temperature.
HOW TO STORE THE BAKED PIZZA?
Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat the frozen pizza, warm the slices in a 350 F oven for 15 or so minutes.
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES,
HOMEMADE EXTRA CHEESE PIZZA RECIPE:
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare dough according to recipe directions. Grease baking pans and stretch the dough to fit into pan and dock it.
- Using a small ladle, spread pizza sauce over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top it with cheese.
- Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted and gooey.
- Slice hot pizza and serve immediately. Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara