The absolute perfect weeknight meal that comes together in minutes! If you like pesto and you like pizza and then you have to try this new pizza recipe with all sorts of green and fabulous!
This Cilantro Pesto Pizza is the perfect delicious change from a regular Pizza Margherita, a creamy pesto makes the perfect base, then topped with slices of fresh tomatoes and shredded mozzarella.
WHAT IS PESTO?
Pesto originated in Liguria, Italy, where pesto is made in a mortar and pestle. (In fact, “pestâ” means “to pound.”) I don’t have the patience to crush basil by hand, one handful at a time. So, I recommend using your food processor.
Pesto is one of my favorite condiments to keep on hand. Try these easy, fun pesto recipe variations to brighten pasta, salads, roasted veggies & more!
It’s easy to make in the blender or food processor with just few ingredients, and always tastes so fresh and delicious.
HOW TO MAKE CILANTRO PESTO?
With a food processor or blender, it comes together in just a few steps:
Pulse the walnuts, lemon juice, and garlic in the food processor until they’re finely chopped. Add the cilantro, salt, Parmesan and pepper and pulse again. Then slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
WHAT ARE THE INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED?
This pizza requries a simple ingredients:
- Basic Pizza Dough: You can use store bought or make your own homemade pizza dough .
- Cilantro Pesto: I have detailed recipe of homemade cilantro pesto or use any store-bought pesto.
- Tomato: Fresh tomato slices or cherry tomatoes will do.
- Cheese: I have used mozzarella and cheddar cheese. You can your favourite cheese in this recipe.
- Seasonings: Used dried oregeno and red chilli flakes for extra flavor and hot.
HOW TO MAKE?
Making Pizza follows really simple steps,
Prepare pizza dough: Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough
Roll the pizza dough: Roll it into circle as per your size preferences and using a fork, dock the pizza base as it helps control bubbling.
Spread the sauce: Using a small ladle, spread pesto over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
Add Toppings: Add you favourite toppings like tomato, chicken or any of your favorite along with shredded cheese.
Bake: Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted in a preheated oven
TIPS FOR PERFECT PIZZA:
Here are the few tips that I follow:
- Use fresh yeast for the dough. You know the yeast is still good if it foams. If not, toss it and get a new batch.
- The dough needs to rise until it doubles in size. I like to place the bowl of dough in the oven with lights on to aid in the rising time.
- Don’t go crazy on the toppings. But the best pizza actually have fewer toppings.
- Bake your pizzas as hot as your oven will go.
- Use a good, heavy, baking stone or steel. They hold tons of heat energy, releasing it quickly into a pizza as it bakes, giving it a crispier crust.
- Don’t forget to brush the dough with olive oil before adding the toppings, which prevents the crust from tasting soggy.
If you like pesto and you like pizza and then you have to try this new pizza recipe. Nothing but simple, fresh ingredients mingling together to produce a pizza that is anything but ordinary!
The Best Toppings for Pesto Pizza
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onions
- Parmesan Cheese
- Artichoke Hearts
HOW TO STORE THE DOUGH?
You can make this pizza dough ahead of time. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap. This will ensure the dough keeps for up to 2 days in the fridge.
You can also freeze this dough nicely! Wrap the dough in individual balls with plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. When ready to eat just allow it to thaw at room temperature.
HOW TO STORE THE BAKED PIZZA?
Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES,
CILANTRO PESTO PIZZA RECIPE:
- Follow the Best Pizza Dough recipe to prepare the dough
- Roll it into circle as per your size preferences and using a fork dock the pizza base as it helps control bubbling. Transfer to prepared baking sheet or pizza pan.
- Using a small ladle, spread pesto over the surface of the dough in an even layer, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Top with mozzarella and sliced tomatoes.
- Bake at 450 F for 12-15 mins or until the crust is golden brown and the cheeses have melted in a preheated oven. Remove from the oven and top with cilantro, if desired. Slice hot pizza, season it with chilli flakes, oregano and serve immediately.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara