Black Bean and Corn Salsa is a healthy, colorful and flavor-packed salsa to add to the table.It is incredibly easy to make, vegan -friendly and packed full of amazing flavor and texture with black beans, corn, tomato, red onion,bell peppers and jalapeno, all tossed in a zesty cilantro lime dressing for a nice kick! It’s perfect for your next cookout to serve with chips or as a condiment over grilled chicken or barbecue!
One of my favorite Mexican party foods of all time is black bean corn salsa. I absolutely love the texture of the beans and fresh produce combined with the distinct Mexican flavors of fresh cilantro, jalapeño, and lime juice. It’s light, soooo flavorful, and loaded with nutrition!
What are the ingredients you will need?
- Black Beans – I always use black beans, but really, you could use whatever type of bean you prefer or have on hand.
- Corn – Fresh or roasted or frozen corn will do. I have used frozen and thawed one.
- Tomatoes – You can use either canned or fresh one. I have used fresh tomatoes here.
- Bell Peppers – Any kind of bell pepper tastes good here. I usually go with green and red for the color.
- Onion – Onion is open for interpretation too – red, white, yellow, green, sweet. I have used red one here.
- Cilantro – If you hate cilantro, try with parsley instead.
- Lime – Have used lime juice and its zest for a nice kick. You can swap the lime juice for lemon juice.
- Jalapeno – If you like spicy salsa can add up to two jalapenos.But is optional and can add as per your liking.
- Seasonings – I have used black pepper and cumin powder for seasoning here.
I like Black Bean and Corn Salsa because it can be made with either all fresh ingredients, mostly canned ingredients, or a mixture of both. Whether for your summer party or for your next game day tailgate, this Black Bean and Corn Salsa is the perfect appetizer when served with some tortilla chips! Also great served over fish, chicken, pork, and beef as a salsa.
Here are a few ideas to customize this salsa:
This black bean and corn salsa can be easily customized!
- Leave out the onions for a milder flavor
- Before adding the corn and black beans, pulse the rest of the ingredients in a food processor until loose but chunky
- Swap the lime juice for lemon juice
- Use thawed frozen corn if fresh isn’t available
- Swap the cooked corn with roasted corn
HOW TO MAKE BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA?
Here are the basic steps for making this easy homemade salsa recipe:
- Cook the black beans and thaw the corn (if frozen).
- Chop the bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, and cilantro.
- Zest and juice lime and mix with olive oil for dressing
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl with the seasonings and dressing.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve, and devour!
Black Bean Salsa is fast, fresh, healthy, and delicious. Without trying, it happens to be vegan and gluten-free, too. Whip up a giant batch of Black Bean Salsa in minutes! It’s fresh and delicious, perfect for parties, so easy to make, and addictive!It’s vegetarian and vegan friendly, and literally all you do is mix some stuff in a bowl. We love this salsa both with chips, as a salsa, or as a side dish. The salsa would be perfect alongside any Mexican-style entree.
Can you make Black Bean and Corn Salad ahead of time?
Yes! This is a great side dish or dip to make ahead of time. It will last about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
Can you use fresh corn?
Yes! Fresh corn will taste just as great! Cook the corn on the cob on the stove top and cut off the corn kernels after it has turned a darker yellow.
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT A BLACK BEAN SALSA
- It’s SO easy to make. (it takes 10 minutes and minimal effort)
- It’s naturally vegan and gluten-free
- It’s served cold, so you can make it ahead of time and just take it out of the fridge when you are ready to eat. And it’s super refreshing.
- I can think of a million things to do with it (as a side, as a salsa with tortilla chips, on tacos, on top of grilled fish or veggies…)
- It’s budget-friendly!
- It’s reduced-sodium friendly!
- It’s fresh, healthy, and delicious.
- Everyone loves it. The dressing is my favorite part- extra virgin olive oil, lime juice and zest, salt, pepper, a pinch of cumin.Yum!
BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA:
1 cup Black Bean,cooked
1 cup Boiled Corn Kernels
2 Jalapeno, finely chopped
1/4 cup Capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup Red Bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 cup Red Onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Tomato, finely chopped
2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
2 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tbsp Lime Zest
1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
1/4 tsp cumin powder
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate the salsa for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chips or along grilled meat.Devour!
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara