A delicious , creamy and flavorful accompaniment that goes really well with any Indian breads or with plain or flavored rice.This Matar Paneer is prepared by simmering the green peas and soft paneer cubes in luscious creamy onion, tomato and cashews gravy.
Want to serve your clan something delicious, salubrious and yet something that doesn’t take much time? I would say, save this Dhaba Style Matar Paneer Masala then. Matar Paneer is a fine,smooth medley of green peas and paneer cubes in rich creamy onion tomato cashew nut gravy or masala. A phenomenal Punjabi style dish that satiates without any use of fancy ingredients. And it tastes exactly like how we enjoy it at restaurants or dhabas.
One of the reasons why this matar paneer is tempting is because of the fact that it is made with the mix of paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese and peas which creates magical flavours. I particularly love this matar paneer curry and it is very close to my heart. These recipes are truly remarkable.
A smooth silky fine gravy of indian cottage cheese and peas dish indeed has a delightful flavours to hit your taste buds just right. Do you know that this simple yet tasty paneer matar masala is surprisingly very easy and is ready under 30 minutes? Yes, all you need to make is a masala gravy of onions, tomatoes,cashews and simmer it with cottage cheese or paneer and green peas, it will be ready within a flick of your eyes, this supremely lip-smacking curry is all set to go on the dinner table!
Try this recipe and have a happy feast with your family!
Here is how to make Mutter Paneer recipe at home.
Matar Paneer Recipe
To make masala paste
2 large tomatoes,roughly chopped
6-8 cashew nuts,soaked in hot water for 10 mins
2-3 green cardamom
5-6 black pepper corns
1/2 inch cinnamon stick
2-3 green chillies
To prepare curry
3 tbsp vegetable oil/any cooking oil
1 tbsp ghee
1 inch cinnamon stick
3/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 bay leaf
1 large yellow onion,finely chopped
2 tsp ginger-garlic Paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
3/4 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
3/4 tsp garam masala
3 tbsp fresh cream
1 tsp kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves
1/2 tsp sugar
Salt as per taste
200 g paneer, cubed and soak in warm water for 15 mins
1 and 1/4 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
Water as needed
To prepare masala paste:
- In a blender, add tomatoes, green chillies, cinnamon, green cardamom, peppercorns, and cashew nuts.
- Blend it to a fine paste, set it aside.
To make the curry:
- In a heavy bottom pan, heat oil and ghee together.Then, add cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaf and fry for 15 seconds.
- Add chopped onion and fry until pink and translucent. Now, add, garlic and ginger paste, fry for a minute until raw smell goes off.
- Add ground masala paste and saute on high for 3-4 minutes.
- Add all the masala powders, salt and cook until masalas leaves oil.
- Then, add peas, (fresh or frozen) and saute for a minute.
- Add water and bring it to a boil, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes or until peas are cooked.
- Then add cream,kasuri methi and sugar, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add paneer cubes and mix, cook for a minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with naan or tandoori rotis, parathas or pulao.
- You can add water as per the consistency of the gravy required. I prefer it to be little thick so added water accordingly.
- Adjust the spice to as per your taste.
- You can saute the paneer cubes in butter required.
- For vegan version, swap paneer with tofu, skip ghee and swap cream with coconut cream or cashew cream.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara