Whole wheat flatbread stuffed with spicy cauliflower and flavored by ginger, coriander powder, garam masala, chilli powder and amchur or chat masala!
Cook these parathas in butter or ghee and serve with plain yogurt and your favorite achar (pickle) alongside a hot cup of tea for a wholesome meal. These parathas can be enjoyed as breakfast or lunch or dinner!
Parathas are one of the most popular dishes of Northern part of India. But now it is loved all over India. It is absolutely delicious and healthy.
Parathas are one of the versatile dishes ever. You can stuff it with anything you desire like vegetables, lentils, meat, cheese. Literally anything.
Winter means an abundance of fresh vegetables and fruits. And cauliflower is one of my favorite winter vegetable and love to make so many recipes like parathas, curries, achar etc. Sesonal Vegetables and fruits are always best! So today I am sharing the recipe of this delicious gobi paratha.
Some of the other cauliflower recipes,
Gobi Paratha | Cauliflower Paratha Recipe
For the stuffing:
2 cups cauliflower, finely grated
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tbsp cooking oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp chaat masala powder
salt , as per taste
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
For the dough:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil
water required to knead the dough
Flour for rolling the dough
Oil or ghee for toasting
To make stuffing:
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pan, once hot add chopped onions, and fry until translucent. Then add the grated ginger and chopped chillies and sauté for 10 seconds.
- Now mix in the grated cauliflower and sauté for 5 mins. Add the masala powders,lemon juice and salt and mix everything well. Continue frying until the mixture is dry. Finally add coriander leaves and remove from the heat.
- Let the mixture cool till then we can prepare the dough.
To make the Dough:
- In a large bowl add the wheat flour, salt and oil and mix everything. Now slowly add water little at a time and start kneading to make a soft and smooth dough. Cover and let it rest for 20 mins.
- After 20 mins, knead the dough again and divide it into 8 large dough balls.
To make Gobi parathas:
- Dust the work surface with some flour, take one dough ball and roll it out into small circle with a rolling pin.
- Now add one portion of stuffing in the centre (do not overstuff) and bring the sides together and again roll it into a ball.
- Now press the stuffed dough gently and sprinkle some flour and roll it out into a circle.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Once the pan is hot add the paratha and cook. Once you see small bubbles on the surface, flip the paratha over and cook.
- Now apply some ghee and continue cooking for until till golden brown spots appear on both sides. Remove it from the pan.
- Repeat the same process with the rest of the parathas.
- Serve it hot with yogurt and or achar and cup of a hot chai.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara