An easy recipe for rich, brownie-like chocolate cookies rolled in chopped pistachio and filled with Chocolate sauce!
The holiday season has come! This is the time where pretty lights strung up all around the trees, friends and family get together and exchange gifts and of course, an endless amount of holiday treats to indulge in.So today I’m gonna share one of the healthy holiday treats recipe which is made with whole ingredients and natural sweeteners.
Cook up this healthy cookie and enjoy the holiday season without any guilty!
Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies with Pistachio Recipe
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp cornstarch
¾ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1 large egg white, room temperature
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
½ cup palm sugar
1/2 cup pistachio, finely chopped
1/4 cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk the dry ingredients – flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients – butter, egg white, and vanilla. Stir in the palm sugar.
- Add in the flour mixture, stirring until incorporated. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls, and then roll into chopped pistachio and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Using your index finger or thumb, make an indentation in the center of each. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. Cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack.
- For Chocolate center, melt the chocolate chips. Spoon about a tsp into the center of each cookie.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes to let the chocolate set.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara