Looking for a new twist on a classic chicken soup recipe? Today’s Orange Chicken Soup with Indian Spices is for you!
Onion, ginger, and garlic are the classic flavor trio in Indian cuisine and its the base of this soup, which takes on a pleasing spiciness when finished with cumin, coriander, and chilli. A squeeze of orange juice adds a touch of natural sweetness.
We started with classic chicken soup – but added orange juice to the broth for that tangy sweetness. The fresh orange juices add a wonderful brightness to the soup – reminiscent of an asian-inspired broth, and fresh cilantro on top are the perfect finishing touch.
This soup is prepared with turmeric, ginger, cumin and pepper which has immunity factor,especially this soup is best for cold and flu.
And also i have added Orange juice which can help support a strong immune system by providing a variety of vitamins and nutrients.
Check on my other soup recipes,
ORANGE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
1/2 kg chicken, cut into pieces
3 cups water
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 medium onions, finely chopped
1 tomato,finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, minced
2 green chilli, thinly sliced
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp pepper
Garnish: Fresh Cilantro and orange wedges
- In a pressure cooker, add chicken, water,turmeric and salt and cook for 3 whistle or simmer for 15 minutes on medium heat.
- Strain soup through a sieve and reserve the broth and chicken seperately.
- Remove meat from bones, and slice once chicken cool slightly.
- Dry roast the mention ingredients and hand pound it.
- Heat oil in a large pot heat oil over medium-high heat, and then add onion,garlic,ginger and chilli. Cook till the raw smell goes off
- Add the tomato and cook till its mashy and then add pounded spices,chicken and broth .Simmer for 10 mins over medium heat.
- Add the orange juice and Check for salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with orange wedges.
You can adjust the spice level by adding pepper
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara