Creamy soup without the cream! This creamy spiced carrot soup recipe is thickened with chickpeas and topped with crispy chickpea croutons.It gives comfort with every sip!
Comfort in a bowl! This creamy soup recipe is easy to make and so delicious.It has the warmth of any creamy soup but dairy free. They’ll save you a load of calories while maintaining the velvety mouth feel of cream-filled soups. Plus, you’ll be able to make vegan soups with very little effort and without obscure ingredients. I used to make this soup thick without adding any cream or milk.
This creamy carrot and chickpeas soup is made in a breeze. It’s topped with some crispy chickpea croutons for a healthy spring dinner recipe that is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
Sometimes, a comforting bowl of soup is all you need. Serve it as an appetizer or light lunch/dinner.
Creamy Carrot and Chickpeas Soup with crispy Chickpeas Croutons RECIPE
3 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion,finely chopped
3 carrots, chopped (about 2 cups )
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 inch ginger, grated
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cups vegetable broth
1 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 cumin powder
1/2 red chilli powder
salt as per taste
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
For chickpeas croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 400C.
- Mix the cooked chickpeas with oil,spices and salt. And bake for 15 mins.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat,add olive oil.
- Add the onions,garlic,ginger and cook until tender and translucent.Then stir in the carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the cumin, coriander, cinnamon, pepper and salt. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the vegetable broth and chickpeas. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Allow the soup to cool down before blending into smooth puree. Transfer to the saucepan to reheat.
- Serve with roasted chickpeas,chilli flakes and coriander leaves.
Are you making this recipe? Then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe! I LOVE to see your creations so snap a photo and tag BlendOfSpicesbySara on Instagram with the hashtag #blendofspicesbysara