This delicious tawa paneer is a very easy and quick recipe which can be cooked in less than 30 minutes. It is a restaurant style dish that would go well with everyday meal.
In Dhaba’s Tawa paneer is usually made on a large tawa/pan but I have not used traditional tawa. Because the one which I have is smaller in size. So I have used large skillet which resembles tawa.
Tawa paneer can be served with roti, chapathi or rice.It also goes well in tiffin box.
Its one of the easy recipe to make when you have a sudden guests or when you want to make some simple weeknight dinners.
Here in this recipe I have used homemade paneer cubes which is fresh, juicy and moist that enhances the taste of this dish. But you can use fresh store bought one as well. And, Tawa Paneer is generally made as semi gravy or semi-dry as a side dish. but this can also be made completely dry and served as starters or appetiser.
And also you can try this recipe with choice of other veggies on top of paneer cubes. In this recipe I have used Capsicum and Onion,you can add Veggies like Green peas,Broccoli and Cauliflower
Tawa Paneer | Tawa Paneer masala | Tawa Paneer Fry Recipe
300g of paneer
2 tbsp of hung curd
1 Onion , finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, finely chopped ( I have made into puree for faster cooking)
1 cup of Bell Peppers ( I have used yellow, green and red ones)
1tsp Ginger Garlic paste
2 Green Chillies
1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp of Coriander powder
1. Marination: Mix paneer cubes with hung curd, kashmiri red chili powder, Garam Masala, Coriander powder and salt . Cover and marinate for 10 mins.
2. In a tawa, heat some oil, add onions, green chillies until its became brown in colour. Then added GG paste and saute for a minute.
3. Once the raw goes off, added tomato puree and saute till it cooked or oil seperates for the gravy.
4. Added bell peppers along with turmeric powder, salt and little water and cook for 5 mins.
5. Once oil separates from the masala added marinated paneer and cook for 5 more minutes
6. Finally add some kasturi methi and coriander leaves
Serve hot with a dash of lime juice and its goes well with roti , chapathi or rice.
If you’ve tried this Dhaba Style Tawa Paneer then don’t forget to like and leave your comments for this recipe!
You can also follow me on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/blendofspicesbysara), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/blendofspicesbysara) to see what’s latest in my kitchen!